definition of dialogue
From the Greek dia and logos, translated as “through meaning.” Outcome: a stream of meaning flowing through a group that enables members to create new understandings and shared meaning.
the power of dialogue
- A fuller, more integrated picture of reality (overcoming the fragments of separate parts)
- All perspectives, not just one or some at the expense of others
- Not about winning, but about collaboration and synthesis of all viewpoints
- Slowed down and open-ended conversation not driven by necessary outcomes
- Basis for a culture of cooperation and shared leadership